This document governs your use of the online and print content of Hedge Fund Alert ("HFA") and its website ("HFAlert.com").
- Publisher. HFA is published weekly by Harrison Scott Publications Inc. ("HSP"), 5 Marine View Plaza, Suite 400, Hoboken, N.J. 07030-5795. HFAlert.com is also produced and maintained by HSP.
- Licenses. All subscriptions to HFA come in the form of licenses. A license allows a specified number of a company's employees to receive an online link to HFA by email without violating HFA's federal copyright (ISSN: 1530-7832). Links are functional for only 30 days.
The annual cost of a license depends on the number of a company's employees authorized to receive HFA each week. A list of the available license types and their annual license fees can be found by clicking here.
Designated members of a license group may use their individual email addresses and passwords to sign in to HFAlert.com and access the website's subscriber-only features, including the Manager Database and HFA's online archives. License holders are prohibited from distributing or otherwise sharing their individual sign-in information.
A license group's list of designated members can be changed at any time. To expand a license group, and thus its distribution rights, contact customer-service director JoAnn Tassie at email@example.com or 201-234-3980.
- Email addresses. HFA can be sent only to individuals using corporate or organizational email addresses, as opposed to personal email addresses (e.g. gmail, yahoo).
- Cancellations. License holders may cancel their subscriptions at any time and receive a full refund for all issues of HFA that have not yet been delivered.
- Renewals. Prior to a subscription coming due, HSP sends renewal invoices to license holders and won't renew a subscription until it receives a positive response. HSP never renews subscriptions automatically.
- Copyright violations. It is a violation of federal copyright law to forward or otherwise distribute any part of HFA, or links to an issue (either inside or outside a company), without first obtaining permission from HFA. HSP treats such violations as actionable offenses.
- Monitoring. HSP routinely monitors usage of the publication by employing tracking technology.
· the types of information we collect through our Services;
· how we use and protect that information;
· the types of information we may share with others and under what circumstances; and
· the choices you have regarding our collection, use, and sharing practices.
This Policy applies to the HFAlert website, emails we send to you, and any Services that link to them, as well as the information we collect when you interact with us through social media or other websites and online services. It does not apply to non-HFAlert websites and mobile applications that may link to the Services or be linked to or from the Services; please review the privacy policies on those websites and applications directly to understand their privacy practices.
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time. We will post any changes, and such changes will become effective when they are posted. Your continued use of our Services following the posting of any changes will mean you accept those changes.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OR ABOUT YOU
To serve our customers, we gather two types of information from visitors to our website: usage information regarding visitors and personal information provided by those who register with us to purchase our publications and reports, request a trial subscription, and receive promotional emails on new products and special offers.
Information You Give Us: When you visit the HFAlert website to make a purchase, you choose to give us basic information: name, email address, mailing address, ZIP code, phone and credit card numbers. This allows us to process your transactions and to provide you with excellent customer service.
There may be times, such as when you subscribe to a trial or complimentary subscription, when we ask you to provide certain information about yourself, such as your name, shipping/billing address, telephone number, email address, credit card information, company, etc. It is your choice whether you would like to provide your personal information. But if you choose not to provide certain pieces of information requested, you may not be able to purchase products, or access offers and content on our website. In addition, we may need to contact you via phone, email or mail to address questions or issues specific to your order, free or trial subscription, and contact inquiry, even if you have opted to not receive marketing communications from us.
When you respond to a survey or questionnaire, HFAlert may use the information you supply in connection with its reporting activities.
Information Collected Automatically: When you interact with the Services, certain information about your use of our Services is automatically collected. This information includes computer and connection information, such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from our Services, referral URL, ad data, your IP address, and device identifiers. This information also may include how you search for our Services, the websites you click on from our Services or emails, whether and when you open our emails, and your browsing activities across other websites.
Much of this information is collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, as well as through your web browser or device (e.g., IP address, MAC address, browser version, etc.).
Information from Social Media: When you interact with us or the Services through a social media platform (such as by clicking on a social media icon linked from our Services), we may collect the personal information that you make available to us on that page, including your account ID or username and other information included in your posts. If you choose to log in to your account with or through a social networking service, we and that service may share certain information about you and your activities.
HFAlert’S USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We may use information you give us or information we collect about you to:
· Communicate with you, including to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
· Provide, maintain, personalize, optimize, and improve the Services, including research and analytics regarding use of the Services, or to remember you when you leave and return to the Services;
· Provide and improve our products and services;
· Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal.
As a part of our commitment to your privacy, Hedge Fund Alert honors customers’ requests not to share their information with other marketers. If you choose to receive email, you can remove yourself from our email list at any time by replying to our email promotion with a request to Unsubscribe, which is included in every promotional email we send out. HFAlert does not sell nor share email addresses to any other organizations.
We may use or disclose information about you if required to do so by law or on the good-faith believe that such sharing is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us or our Services; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Services, or our users; or (c) act to protect the personal safety of our employees and agents, other users of the Services, or members of the public.
HFAlert takes precautions to protect our Member information. When users submit personal information via HFAlert’s website, their information is protected online and off-line.
Your HFAlert account information and profile is unique to you and password protected so that, other than HFAlert employees who specifically need to know for maintenance or service-related purposes, only you or those you have shared that information with will have access to this information. For security purposes, online orders, including name, address, and credit card information, are encrypted with Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL).
While HFAlert uses SSL encryption to protect online orders, we also use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to ensure and protect user information off-line. All employees are trained regarding our security and privacy practices. Finally, the servers that store personally identifiable information are in a secure environment. While we use these precautions to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
We provide site visitors with access to their personal HFAlert Website login and and contact information, which we maintain. Visitors can access this information through their account on HFAlert’s website by logging in and viewing My Account. You can update your information or correct any inaccuracies.
USERS IN THE EUROPEAN UNION (EEA) AND SWITZERLAND
If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, the following information applies.
Purposes of processing and legal basis for processing: As explained above, we process personal data in various ways depending upon your use of our Services. We process personal data on the following legal bases: (1) with your consent; (2) as necessary to perform our agreement to provide Services; and (3) as necessary for our legitimate interests in providing the Services where those interests do not override your fundamental rights and freedom related to data privacy.
Right to lodge a complaint: Users that reside in the EEA or Switzerland have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with the supervisory authority concerned. Contact details for data protection authorities are available here.
Transfers: Personal information we collect may be transferred to, and stored and processed in, the United States or any other country in which we or our affiliates or subcontractors maintain facilities. We will ensure that transfers of personal information to a third country or an international organization are subject to appropriate safeguards as described in Article 46 of the GDPR.
Individual Rights: If you are a resident of the EEA or Switzerland, you are entitled to the following rights. Please note: In order to verify your identity, we may require you to provide us with personal information prior to accessing any records containing information about you.
· The right to request data erasure. You have the right to have your data erased from our Services if the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists, or you believe your fundamental rights to data privacy and protection outweigh our legitimate interest in continuing the processing.
· The right to restrict or object to our processing. You have the right to restrict or object to our processing if we are processing your data based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest as an exercise of official authority (including profiling); using your data for direct marketing (including profiling); or processing your data for purposes of scientific or historical research and statistics.
COLLECTION OF DATA FOR WEBSITE CONTENT
In the course of creating content for the Services, HFAlert may collect information about individuals, including names, place of employment, and professional history. HFAlert may publish that information in its various publications and databases, and these publications may be available to certain or all of HFAlert’s subscribers, including business partners and third-party vendors who may receive complimentary subscriptions. HFAlert may store this information and may make it available to employees for future reporting activities.
FOR QUESTIONS, OR TO REPORT A PROBLEM
For questions about our privacy practices, contact us at:
Hedge Fund Alert
5 Marine View Plaza, Suite 400
Hoboken, NJ 07030
Tel: (201) 659-1700
This policy was last updated on February 28, 2019.